The Computer Services office is located on the first (basement) floor of the Administration Building.
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
|Phone: (403) 782-3381 ext. 4021
||8:30 am - 12:00 pm
||Fax: (866) 928-9502
Computer Services exists to manage the campus computer network and institutionally owned machines; to assist students with accessing the campus network with their personal computing devices; and to deal with all technology based initiatives on campus. An on-line help-desk solution is available for logging your support requests and finding self-serve solutions. The links on the side-bar of this page should direct you to the specific resources you need.
- New Web Authentication Procedure. With the replacement of BLOXX, you must now manually authenticate to our WatchGuard proxy before gaining Internet access. If you are not authenticated, you should automatically be taken to the authentication page where you can enter your regular CUC/PAA UserName and Password. If you are not taken there, point your browser to https://internet.cauc.ca:4100/ for authentication. If you wish to LOGOUT before the default time period expires, keep this window open and LOGOUT when you are finished browsing (or come back to it, LOGIN then LOGOUT right away). Once authenticated, you may open any other browser windows as normal. Our campus managed computers have an icon in their Installations folder of their ZenWorks window that will link to this LOGIN page. Any devices that have manually set a proxy server should now remove those settings
- New protocol for emails regarding Items For Sale please see link.
- New iFolder: We have completed the installation of a new iFolder server. Please see http://www.cauc.ca/current/ifolder for more detail on how to install and use iFolder. You will not be able to connect to the old iFolder server, so please contact Computer Services if you were using the old iFolder server and have data you want to convert to the new server.
- CUC Wireless Network: The CUC wireless network (SSID = CUC) is now encrypted using the WPA2-PSK protocol. When you attempt to join the CUC wireless network, you will need to enter "cucwireless" (that is all small letters without the quotes) as the pre-shared 'key'. Your computer should remember this and you should not be prompted for it again. You will also see another network with the SSID "CUC-Guest" that may be joined, and Internet access will be granted after clicking the "Join Network" button. This "guest" wireless network will remain un-encrypted and have limited services like no connection to printing or other campus services. It is intended for Internet only access for campus guests and for use before students are able to have their computer registered to access the regular CUC wireless network that has full campus access. In the PAA building and Maple Hall, the SSID is PAA. The PAA network has the same access and services that the CUC network does, but the CUC-Guest network will not be available in these buildings. Additional information on setting up your personal computer for accessing the CUC Campus network access is provided here. To register your device for access to the CUC or PAA network beyond the two week grace period, please fill out this form.
- IPhones and other mobile devices: Most smartphones and mobile devices can be set up to synchronize with our Google Apps for Education implementation. Check here for more information on configuring your device.
- Information on setting up your personal computer for accessing the CUC Campus network access is provided here.
- Click here to see live wireless network statistics and check system health for the CUC network, or here for the PAA network.
- Computer Services has some used equipment for sale. Check the Sales link for more information.
- ScreenScape Displays: There are several display screens across campus which will display location specific information as well as the global campus information managed by the Marketing and Enrollment Services office. If you would like to see one of these displays on your own computer, just click on the following links: